Here in the United Kingdom, we have been blessed with many incredible bands and music is important in our cultural society. One instrument that is loved by many a music fan, regardless of the type of music that they enjoy, is that of the guitar. Many schools now offer guitar lessons often conducted by external businesses and it is also a popular Music for business to play. Music for business is used as a part of companies overall marketing and branding and a whole variety of music genres can be used.
If you are interested in finding out some of the top guitar players, we have seen here in the UK there are a few for you:
- David Bowie – for around four decades Bowie was a major player in the music industry. With a career spanning everything from actor, producer, arranger, songwriter, and instrumentalist he really was in the one of a kind bracket. He was best known for some of his works in the 1970s when his distinctive voice broke through to mainstream popularity.
- Eric Clapton – a singer, songwriter and incredible guitarist, Eric Clapton (CBE) is the only person to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on three separate occasions. He was ranked as the second-best guitar player in the Rolling Stones magazine’s top 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.
- Brian May – probably one of the most famous guitar players of all time. He was the lead guitarist in the world-renowned band, Queen. He received a CBE in 2005 for his services to the music industry and for his charity work. As well as being an incredible guitarist he is a songwriter and is attributed with these key Queen songs – “We Will Rock You”, “Tie Your Mother Down” and “The Show Must Go On” to just name a few.
- Mark Knopfler – songwriter, guitarist and film score composer who co-founded the band Dire Straits with his brother David Knopfler in 1977. Following on from the band ending Mark continued to produce music as a solo artist and also produced film scores for a number of films including ‘The Princess Bride.’
- George Harrison – was the lead guitarist in the Beatles. Many of the bands’ albums contain at least one piece that had been composed by Harrison. He expressed that he was influenced by people like George Formby and Chuck Berry
There are many more well-known UK guitar players and in the modern era, we are seeing people like Ed Sheeran contribute to the resurgence of the popularity of this beautiful instrument.